Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Braided Nails *Tutorial

This is not my original idea but I really liked it and here is my step by step recreation. I like the way it looks in more toned down colors but I used black, white and pink because they are so bold. Best part is... the only thing you must have is different polishes.
 
 
This would work with more than three colors but I think after three it starts to take an already busy design over the top. I used China glaze Liquid Leather, White On White and Heli-yum.
 
Step 1: Paint all of your nails. I painted the nails I intended on doing the braiding on white so that the white and pink would be bright when applied to the top. Black can bleed through and dull out more neon colors.
 
 
Step 2: Paint a line in one single stroke from one corner of your nail across and down.
 
 
Tip: Use an old eyeliner makeup brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the extra polish around your nail.
 
 
Step 3: Starting at the opposite side of your nail repeat Step Two in your next color choice.
 
 
Step 4: Now using the third color, or in my case white which was my base color, paint another line from the corner you started with just under the first line. At this point I recommend letting your polish dry for a few minutes between colors.
 
 
Step 5: Continue crossing back and forth and alternating colors until you have covered your entire nails with the design.
 
 
 
 
Could have stopped here but I never know when enough is enough :)
 
 
Last Step is to add your favorite top coat... I swear by Seche Vite.... and allow a little extra dry time just because there are several layers in this design.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment