Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Orange Butterfly Nails

I'm pleased with how these turned out and I might revisit this idea with different colors.
 
 
There were a few steps involved in creating these because they are a combination techniques.
I started with painting all of my nails with China Glaze High hopes. Once the base color was dry I painted a cosmetic sponge half with High hopes and half with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet and blended on the gradient. Blending the two orange colors evenly took three times with the sponge. While the gradient layers were drying I painted a thick coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on my index and pinkie nails. For the butterflies I used Bundle Monster image plate BM-307 and Konad Special Polish in Black. After the stamp was dry I used Migi nail art pens to add some black and white detail to the butterfly's wings. To finish it all up I used a thick coat of Sech Vite top coat. This manicure took about 45 minutes because of all of the layers and dry time but I think it was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment