Share

May 25, 2013

Jelly Butterfly Nails

I don't know about you but I tend to use my cream polishes quite often and neglect the jellies in my collection. It isn't that they aren't beautiful but that they take so many coats and add so much dry time.


Jelly polishes do have some great qualities and we have all seen them with glitter sandwiched between coats. I wanted to see what would happen if I used a translucent jelly to layer a stamped design. Here is what I came up with.



This is two thick coats of China Glaze Reggae To Riches. This polish is very shiny and is somewhere between a purple and pink. The shimmer in this polish is a pretty blue purple.


Once my polish was dry I used Konad Special Polish in White to stamp on some bugs. I used to different plates from two different sets....Konad image plate M36 for the little butterflies and Salon Express image plate SE18 for the big ones.


I went back over all of my butterflies with a thin coat of my jelly polish. It changes the color of the stamping and dulls down the design quite a bit but not enough that you cant still see it clearly.


After that last layer was dry I went back with some more butterflies on my thumb and accent nails. I had some flooding at the cuticles but other than that I really like how these turned out. Nothing like experimenting :)





2 comments:

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular