Share

May 13, 2013

Layered Stamping

I really like the braided nail polish trend and thought I'd put my own spin on it. I wanted to see what the technique would look like using stamping rather than just lines of polish. It didn't quite turn out as I had thought it would because my lines aren't well placed but it is interesting none the less. Even though my attempt isn't perfect I still wanted to share the idea with you. So here is the general technique and hopefully you guys can come up with something a little less chaotic lol :)
My thumb nail is the only nail that actually came out with the look I was going for and only barely lol

Konad Special Polish/Pastel Pink/Pastel Blue/Black/China Glaze Liquid Leather

Start off by painting all of your nails a solid color. I used Black because it is one of the colors I'm going to use for stamping. Stamp your design at an angle across the top of your nails. I used Bundle Monster plate BM-11 for the dotted line pattern.


Cross your second color in the opposite direction.


Now use your third polish and go in the same direction you did with the very first stamp just underneath it. Continue layering alternating directions and colors all the way down your nails. I did a tutorial titled Braided Nails if you want to see a more in depth version.

Once you get all the way down to the tips add your top coat and seal it all in. I think this would look much different with more subtle or complimentary colors but I wanted to really show the contrast. I will probably revisit this idea when I haven't drank so much coffee and have more patience and less shakes. Have fun!


6 comments:

  1. Barbara!!! This is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome! Love it.
    I'm not a big fan of braided manis, but this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks guys! I am for sure going to have to revisit this one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, I was looking at your blog and I like your work. I like them all but this one is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular