Share

November 20, 2013

Cracked Ice Nails

Easy winter nail art
Here is an easy to do manicure that takes little time and is hard to mess up :)

Easy nail art tutorials
Left to Right: Seche Vite top coat/ Sally Hansen Crackle Polish Snow Blast/ China Glaze Splish Splash



All you need for this design is a clear coat, white crackle polish, a  translucent or jelly polish, and a piece of Cosmetic Wedge. I buy them in bulk and cut them into pieces. One bag has lasted me over three years of mancures.

 As per usual start with clean dry nails. The crackle polish doesn't work very well over bare nails so for this design you need to use a base coat of clear polish.

Once your clear coat is dry add a layer of crackle, you can get the one I used here, but work quickly and try not to go ever the same area too many times. I forgot to get a picture at this step so I borrowed this old pic from one of my earlier posts ;) Not the best quality or lighting but hey we all get better at things over time.

 Once your crackle polish is all done working its magic paint a little of the blue paint directly onto a makeup sponge. Dab it onto the tips of your nails and slowly work it up to about half way. Add another clear coat and all ready to sport your winter nails. ;)


I used this same sponge over crackle technique in my Neon Crackle Nails.



1 comment:

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular